The Shiraz Republic is committed to excellence in customer service. At some stage it is likely that we will receive a customer complaint. Dealing with it in a positive and constructive manner will help to keep our customers.
As a customer of ours, you are entitled to make a complaint to us. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints.
We understand that it takes courage to raise a complaint. In general customers who are unhappy with our products or services will not complain to us – but they will complain to others and take their business elsewhere. We believe that managing customer complaints and resolving them quickly will result in improved business processes, products and repeat business.
We want to resolve your complaints as soon as possible. If you are dissatisfied with a service or product provided by us, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with the staff member/s you have been dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the relevant staff member is unable to address your concerns you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By completing a feedback form on our website shirazrepublic.com.au,
- By telephoning us on 03 5433 6338
- By writing to us at 507 Hamblin Road, Cornella Vic 3551
- By emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person by speaking to any of our staff. If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing
- To provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide our customers with access to the complaints handling process, including those customers with disabilities and special needs.
- To keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Quarterly to review our complaints so that we can improve our standard of customer service.
Handling Your Complaint:
- The Shiraz Republic is committed to resolving your issues at the first point of contact, however, this will not be possible in all circumstances, in which case a more formal complaints process will be followed.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three (3) business days. Once your complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of your complaint.
- There may be circumstances during the initial review or investigation of your complaint where we may need to clarify certain aspects of your complaint or request additional documentation from you. In such circumstances we will explain the purpose of seeking clarification or additional documentation and provide you with feedback on the status of your complaint at that time.
- We are committed to resolving your complaint within 10 business days of you lodging your complaint, however, this may not always be possible on every occasion. Where we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 10 business days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and specify a date when we will be in a position to finalise your complaint.
- During the initial review or investigation stage we may need to seek further clarification or documentation from you to assist us in resolving your complaint.
- If we have sought clarification or additional documentation from you and we are waiting on you to provide this information, we may not be able to meet our 10 business day finalisation commitment. In such circumstances upon receipt of your clarification or additional documentation we will indicate to you when we expect to be able to finalise your complaint.
- Once we have finalised your complaint, we will advise you of our findings and any action we have taken. We will do this in writing, unless it has been mutually agreed that we can provide it to you verbally.
- You have the right to make enquiries about the current status of your complaint at any time by contacting us.
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
Our staff are instructed to follow this 7 step procedure:.
- We Listen
Thank the customer for bringing the matter to your attention. Apologise and accept ownership, don’t blame others and remain courteous.
- We Record the details
Go through the complaint in detail so you can understand exactly what the problem is.
- We try to get all the facts
Check that you have understood and recorded the details of the complaint correctly. Ask questions if necessary.
- We discuss options for fixing the problem
Ask the customer what response they are seeking; it could be a replacement, refund or apology. Discuss with senior staff and decide if the request is reasonable.
- We act quickly
The Shiraz Republic aims to resolve the complaint quickly. If we take a long time they tend to escalate.
- We keep our promises
Keep the customer informed if there are any delays in resolving their request. Don’t promise things that you can’t deliver.
- We follow up
Contact the customer to find out if they were satisfied with how their complaint was handled. Let them know what you are doing to avoid the problem in the future.
- All staff will be trained to follow this procedure when handling complaints and have the power to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
The Shiraz Republic encourages our customers to provide feedback and complaints so that they let we know when there is a problem and give us the opportunity to resolve it.